Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Spilled Milk and Coffee Grounds

I really admire people who are graceful and poised.  I, unfortunately, am not.  Instead, I am clumsy, lack balance and am prone to tripping over my own feet if I'm not paying enough attention to my movements.  It's not unusual for me to drop things I'm holding without reason. And, I'm forever knocking things over because they are near me.  I believe I spill more cups at the table than all the boys put together.

However, today seems to be an exceptionally clumsy day for me.  It all started when I got out of bed today.  Yep, that's all it took.  And it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I began by multi-tasking at breakfast when I was cooking Cream of Wheat while boiling water for coffee.  Seems rather straightforward, run-of-the-mill sort of stuff, wouldn't you think?  Well, so did I.  At least until I began scooping the coffee grounds into the pot with the Cream of Wheat instead of into the coffee press sitting right next to it!  And my initial thought was, "why are the coffee grounds spreading around like that?  Usually they just sit in a pile until the water is added."  [insert shaking my head here].  It didn't even register that I had done such a silly thing.

Thankfully nothing else has gone quite that badly yet again today.  But I have managed to knock over the olive jar as I tried to put the lid back on.  I also sat the milk down half on top of something so that it spilled.  And when I was putting the fresh-picked carrots in cold water for supper, I dumped the dish on my foot instead.

Seriously, I'm considering heading back to bed and starting over soon!  In the meantime I'm just going to blame today's clumsy maneuvers on this persistent headache I have.  And to keep myself and everyone around me safe and not sticky with spilled something-or-other all over them, I decided to sit on the deck with my feet up and a cup of tea to wait for my lavender headache massage oil to start doing it's thing.

Here's hoping your day is going more smoothly than mine.


2 comments:

  1. Awww...((hugs)) If it makes you feel any better - a few weeks ago I was making myself a toasted english muffin and it wasn't until I went to take it out of the toaster that I realized I'd put it in there on a plastic plate - and this was after searching my kitchen high and low for the plate I was sure I'd gotten out in preparation for my muffin (all the while, the toaster was smoking!!!) Needless to say, I ruined my plate, my toaster, and my muffin!

    Not every day can be completely full of sunshine BUT every day can't be completely cloudy either. Keep looking up, my friend - take care of yourself and remember to laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! You have made me laugh with this tale :) Thank you.

      Fortunately I have lots of sunshine in my life to help keep the cloudy days to a minimum - lovely friends are a part of the sunshine mix.

      Delete

Comments make me happy!